What is the Orange Door? Why would an art workshop be called this? So many questions, so little time.
The quick answer is: It's happiness in the form of an art workshop that I get to host every Friday and two Saturdays a month!
I made you a video about the Orange Door throughout the years. Watch out for tips that every person needs when they create art.
"YOU BECOME UNAFRAID OF BEING WHO YOU REALLY ARE."
-Donna Blachford, Orange Door Artist
Now if you're looking from the outside in, here are 10 things you should know about the ORANGE DOOR:
- The Orange Door began in 2011 as "The Art Getaway."
- My art workshop for busy people started when two women at church asked me about art classes. I created a workshop that I would've wanted if I was just starting out.
- "It's more than a workshop. It's a real community of people learning about art."
- Sandy Belmont
"There's a real sense of cameraderie (mutual support and encouragement)."
- Barbara Horowitz, Jere Tannenbaum, Diane Maller, Jane Yarian
- "Being here gave me the strength and confidence to go for it - whatever it may be."
- Donna Blachford
- The four pillars of the Orange Door are: Community. Cheering. Creativity. Carpe Diem.
- You come as you are and will not be judged at the Orange Door.
- The Orange Door is a symbol for your creative possibility AND my front door is really orange.
- Cappuccino is always served at the Orange Door. We make sure to enjoy life as well!
- The Orange Door gives back. A part of the workshop proceeds helps fight modern day slavery. For more info on this charity go to: exodusroad.com
- "It's the best day of my week." - Mari Daetwyler
BIG PICTURE SUMMARY
The Orange Door is more than an art workshop. You learn the basics of drawing and painting and you get to experiment without judgment. It's a place where you're free to be yourself.
As Donna said so beautifully: Become unafraid of being who you really are.
YOUR ONE ACTION STEP
What's one thing you would love to see added to the Orange Door? Comment below!